When I play a single song on my Alexa app on my Sonos, it keeps on playing after the single song

• 25 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have 2 Era 100 paired as stereo. When I play a single song on my Alexa app on my Sonos, it keeps on playing after the single song, how can I stop it from doing that. I already set my Alexa setting’s “AutoPlay” and “Amazon Music’s” autoplay to both disabled and still doing it on Sonos. Very frustrating.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Radwinski, thank you for the post.

I tried reproducing your experience, but I would need more information from your end to identify the issue.

What is the source of the playback? Are you initiating music with the Amazon Music App via the Cast feature or the Amazon Music service within the Sonos App? Do you browse the service or select a specific song through search?

While using both Amazon Music via Sonos App and the Amazon Music App, I’ve managed to get two outcomes while having the Amazon Music Autoplay feature enabled and disabled:

1. When I’m searching and selecting a song, it simply adds that song to the queue and nothing else plays afterwards.
  2. When browsing through Amazon Music and selecting a song within an Album or Playlist, it adds the entire Album/Playlist into the queue.

I should mention that I am not using Amazon Alexa, but I had a look online and I was not able to find any way to browse Amazon Music via the Alexa App, that’s why I’m asking for additional information.

Thank you in advance.