Answered

Upgraded my SONOS system and now Alexa won't play Pandora stations

• 2 February 2020
  • 2 replies

So I took SONOS up on their 30% off upgrade offer, bricked 4 devices and added two Beams and 4 more SONOS One 2nd Gen speakers.  I already had 2 SONOS One 1st Gen speakers.  Now Alexa won’t play Pandora upon request.  I ask, “Alexa, play Enya radio on Pandora” and I get the response “Enya radio on Pandora”.  But nothing happens.  I discovered if I state immediately after the response, “Alexa, play” then the music will actually start playing.  Yes, it’s a work around, but still annoying since the system worked perfectly before my expensive upgrade to the latest technology to make SONOS happy.  I’ve deleted the Pandora skill and re-added it … restarted everything … nothing helps.

icon

Best answer by Paul_231 3 February 2020, 00:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

And now, suddenly and mysteriously, it is working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Might be IP address issues, they tend to come and go but power failures and updates seem to trigger them. If you assign your Sonos devices static/reserved IP addresses from your router’s DHCP page that should end any IP related issues.