Answered

Unable to link my amazon account for voice assistance Alexa

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

I have been following all the steps to add a voice assistance (alexa) to my system but when I am supposed to be redirected to the alexa app, I’m redirected to safari, I then put my correct credentials from Amazon and then get redirected back to the Sonos app without linking my alexa account to Sonos.
I previously had alexa working in all my speakers perfectly, I recently purchased a Sonos roam, when I tried to set up alexa it didn’t work, so I followed a troubleshooting process where I removed alexa from all my speakers and I signed out of all my Amazon apps… it didn’t work when I tried to set up alexa again to all my devises and now I don’t  have voice assistant in any of my speakers. 

Please help! I have tried all my different devises where I have the Sonos app to set up alexa. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 June 2021, 10:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Santgutz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, please make sure that Sonos, the Sonos app, and the Alexa app are all up-to-date. If they weren’t, please try again after updating.

Next, if you have another controller, please try setting Alexa up on Sonos on that second device. Please make sure it also has the Alexa app, and that the Alexa app is signed into the same Amazon account you’d like to use on Sonos.

If things still aren’t working for you, please switch your WiFi router off for at least 30 seconds and try again once WiFi has returned. If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders, please try with those powered off.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the welcome message and quick answer. 

I followed all the straps provided and still are not able to link my Amazon account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Santgutz 

Thanks for trying those steps.

Were you able to try from another phone/tablet? Do you get any error messages?

From your description, it sounds like the Alexa app isn’t capturing the request to connect with alexa.amazon.com, so your Safari browser handles it instead.

Could you please try uninstalling the Alexa app and reinstalling? That should repair the handling of those requests. Be sure to sign back in to the Alexa app before adding Alexa to Sonos again.

If that doesn’t work, please try rebooting your phone/tablet. Thanks.

Edit: Apologies - I see in your original post you’ve tried all your devices.

Thank for the response @Corry P 

I’ve tried my tablet and my wife’s phone (with my credentials for Sonos & Alexa apps) and I’m also redirected to a site… I’ve tried changing browsers (safari and chrome) without any luck. The is no error message displayed. 

I also tried to delete the Sonos and alexa app and it did not work. I did a hard reset of my phone and tablet… also did not work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Santgutz 

At this stage,I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team via phone, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.