Answered

trying to use sonos with amazon alexa app

• 29 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I just purchased a sonos beam and i’m setting it up. I have it configured with alexa and it plays by voice control with no issue. When trying to play a station from the amazon alexa app, it fails. Sometimes the beam says “i’m having trouble playing music,” and other times the app says “this play queue has timed out.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled the alexa app to see if that helped but no dice. The app does not present the same error when playing to other devices in the house

Has anyone experienced this issue? I’m curious if this is supposed to work from the alexa app because I would love to be able to have the music play on the beam and my echo dots simultaneously throughout the house 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 30 November 2020, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kommn, welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. I’m glad that your Sonos Beam is working fine playing music via voice control.

I’d like to share with you that the current version of the Sonos app and Alexa devices are not fully integrated in such a way that they can be group together. This feature is not yet available on the Sonos app. What I can do is to submit this as a feature request to our engineering team so they can take a look. We don’t have information to share with you but you can check our announcements for any feature releases and updates. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Hi @Rowena B. 

I appreciate the reply and the information. I’ll check in on future releases/updates to see if this is implemented at a later date

Thanks!