Answered

Timer issues in Routine

• 28 August 2021
  • 3 replies

just bought a Sonos One. trying to set uo a routine on my iPhone in Alexa. the timer function dirsnt work. just keeps playing music after the elapsed time. If I instruct the unit directly it stops after the requested time. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 August 2021, 10:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Atwilliams 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I just tried this on my own system and got the same result - music plays, but doesn’t stop after the specified time. I have to assume, therefore, that there is nothing wrong with your system and that either we or Amazon need to fix something somewhere.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a similar issue which happens randomly  and involves playing music among others for a specified time. Most of the time the routine keeps playing the music after the 15min.

Any thoughts?

Is this a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @03397 

This seems more to do with Amazon’s/Alexa’s implementation of our API than anything else - I recommend you report it to Amazon. We are of course working with them, but increased numbers of their customers reporting an issue will serve to prioritise it for them.