Answered

Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding right now!

• 25 December 2018
  • 37 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Is there anything i can do i have reset my dot twice now and its still happening
Back now - Sonos again working with Alexa
Is there anything i can do i have reset my dot twice now and its still happening
Just waiting till the outage is resolved.
Well, yes. It's a partially network outage at Amazon Web Services.[/quote]

How can that be the case. Would that not affect all devices connecting or would that would be specific to an area or region. Not specific to Sonos. I have just checked and all my web services are running OK. An internet search would have brought up many more instances rather than just some Sonos devices.
Well all 3 of my Sonos ones are working just fine and have been all day. My amazon Dot I got today was having a problem earlier, but that’s now working fine too. I suspect the Amazon servers are being hammered at present, and I also suspect that they prioritise their devices over third party ones.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1063601/Amazon-Echo-not-working-error-Alexa-connection-problem/amp
How can that be the case. Would that not affect all devices connecting or would that would be specific to an area or region. Not specific to Sonos. I have just checked and all my web services are running OK. An internet search would have brought up many more instances rather than just some Sonos devices.
Alexa ist part of AWS, also is the 'Sonos Cloud'.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-sonos-how-it-works-6791310
my echo dot is working again now must have been their servers down
Alexa now working fine with my Sonos Beam. I haven't seen any explanation, so far.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Alexa now working fine with my Sonos Beam. I haven't seen any explanation, so far. Unlikely you will, from Sonos or Amazon.
My Sonos One still having problems since christmas 😠, well disappointed ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos One still having problems since christmas 😠, well disappointed ...

Hi

There was an Amazon Alexa outage that affected most of Europe but should be resolved now. If you are still experiencing the problem, I suggest that you Disable then Enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.

If the problem persists please follow these steps:

This may be down to duplicate IP Addresses. Can you please power down the following devices for 5 secs, allowing each to complete its boot cycle before proceeding to the next device:

- Router
- Any Network wired switch
- Any wired Sonos devices
- All other Sonos devices
- All other attached network devices

If this fixes the problem, I suggest you open the Settings page on your Router and reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices - I personally use the range 192.168.0.240 and above for my Sonos devices.