Answered

Sonos won't play with Alexa

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to set up my eight Sonos One speakers to play through Alexa. I can see each speaker in the Alexa app, and I have created a Group and added all speakers to it, but whenever I tell Alexa to play music to that Group, only one speaker plays. Also, if I tell Alexa to play music to an individual speaker, a random speaker will play. Has anyone experienced these issues and resolved them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by John B 20 August 2022, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is the group you have created in Alexa or Sonos?  I would put each speaker in its own Alexa Group, instruct Alexa to play to one of the speakers then group any other speakers in Sonos (using app or SVC).

You have Alexa set up on the settings for each of your speakers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you continue to experience problems, please see my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving Most Alexa Issues | Sonos Community

Thanks for the reply John B. Finally got a chance to mess around with my settings again and tried your advise. Worked out well. Cheers!