Sonos says Premium spotify account linked but Alexa says not.

• 5 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a spotify premium account linked to my phone but when I try to play music from spotify through the sonos speakers I am given the error message to upgrade to a premium account, which I already have.
Is there a fix for this.
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Perhaps try reauthorising your Spotify account in 'settings/my music services' in the Sonos App and see if that fixes it. You need the Spotify App installed and working on your controller device to do this, so check you have that and that the Apps are updated to their latest version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Or re-authorize your Spotify account with Alexa... Alexa and Sonos don't share account info, so you need to register your Spotify account with both systems for it to be used both ways (through the Sonos controller and with Alexa voice commands).
I have re-authorized accounts made sure e-mails and user names are the same for all accounts, gone through the set up again and again still no joy.......anything else to try ?