Sonos rooms disappeared from Sonos app, but still play through Alexa.

• 9 November 2018
  • 9 replies

I have three Sonos rooms setup and a configuration with Alexa. For some reason 2 of the three rooms have disappeared from my Sonos App. I can stil play through Alexa, but only Alexa.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi SweetIrish

Unplug your Sonos. Delete the Sonos app and re-install it. Don't forget to re-initialize Alexa. Plug in your Sonos. Let us know the outcome.

Cheers!
you mean factory reset Alexa? i removed the app and resinstalled. It still only sees one of the three rooms previsouly setup.
Userlevel 7
No, no, no,..I meant to re-initialize Alexa in the Sonos app after you reinstalled it. Did you unplug your Sonos speakers as I suggested?
that worked, albeit briefly. Two of the missing 3 rooms were discovered. After i restarted the 3rd, the other three rooms all dissapered and only that one is now seen.
You have some serious IP conflicts. Just rebooting Sonos is not going to cure. Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Userlevel 7
@SweetIrish

As jgatie suggested...that was going to be my next proposal. I just wanted to try the simple stuff first.:8 Let us know the results.

Cheers!
well I just did get my Comcast hub replaced, so I suspect that was the cause. I will tackle this all in a bit. thanks for the guidance.
well I just did get my Comcast hub replaced, so I suspect that was the cause. I will tackle this all in a bit. thanks for the guidance.

Yes, a router replacement or repair would be a cause. Old IP's issued by the old router are conflicting with the new IP's handed out by the new router.
Userlevel 7

That being the case you may find the video in the link helpful. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Cheers!