Answered

Sonos Products playing up after working fine previously

• 25 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Sonos One set up in “Bedroom” with a Sonos One SL stereo pair

With built in Alexa and Sonos voice assistants:

When I say Alexa play BBC Radio 2 , she says “playing BBC Radio 2”, and then…silence.

When I ask Hey Sonos play BBC Radio 2, it says “Okay, playing BBC Radio 2..  then silence.

It does the same with any radio, the BBC App, Rayo, Tunein etc.

I tried resetting my Sonos One to factory settings, re-added it, and still exactly the same thing happens. 

I connected it with ethernet cable. Same thing.

Sonos Arc set up in “Living Room” with Sonos Sub and two rear Sonos SL’s. The Arc is ethernet wired and connected to TV with HDMI.

With Alexa:

Will start playing a radio station when asked, but when you ask it to stop, it ignores you.

If I ask Alexa to play Radio on Bedroom on the Alexa phone app, it works ok. 

This has all started happening in the last two weeks. 

I have rebooted everything, removed and re-added Alexa, Factory reset the Sonos One 3 times. I don’t know what else to do.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 February 2024, 01:55

View original

3 replies

You haven’t mentioned it, but did you try removing and reinstalling the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App?

Yes I did. I also changed account profiles in case it was that

In that case it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.