Question

Sonos Play 1 + Echo Dot (bluetooth)

• 1 December 2017
  • 2 replies

I have recently purchased a Sonos Play 1 and I was wondering how to bluetooth enable it? If I buy an Echo dot and pair it with my Play 1, when I play movies on my laptop will it come out of the Echo dot speakers or my Sonos speakers? i.e. can I use the Echo dot's bluetooth to piggyback onto my Sonos and make it bluetooth enabled?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos does not have any Bluetooth capabilities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have recently purchased a Sonos Play 1 and I was wondering how to bluetooth enable it? If I buy an Echo dot and pair it with my Play 1, when I play movies on my laptop will it come out of the Echo dot speakers or my Sonos speakers? i.e. can I use the Echo dot's bluetooth to piggyback onto my Sonos and make it bluetooth enabled?

Thanks

I assume that you mean the new Sonos One with Alexa, rather than the older Play:1? As jgatie has stated, there is no Bluetooth connectivity in to Sonos speakers. I use a Chromecast Audio plugged into my Connect to connect other sources into my Sonos set-up, you also could use a Play:5 which also has a Line In connection but both of these would be an expensive purchase unless you wanted to expand your Sonos set-up.