Sonos Ones stereo pair issue

• 3 November 2018
  • 11 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I have several Sonos Ones in my house. Whenever we have friends over I unplug two of the speaker to make a stereo pair using the Sonos app. It works very well.

However when I unplug the speakers and move them back the Alexa functionality seems to not work properly eg it will call up Spotify songs etc but won’t stop or skip

I have found that re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app will fix this for one of the speakers, but not the other. Ultimately turning the speaker off then on (Classic!) fixes it.

Is this a common issue?

I don’t mind this minor inconvenience but my family would not be able to sort this out!

Cheers

Ian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When you want to move the speaker back to it's original position are you first breaking the stereo pair in the Sonos App?
Badge +1
Yes I do that first
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Do you have Wi-fi extenders in your home? Could they be connecting to a different device?
Badge +1
I’ve got Devolo powerline adapters so it is likely that they connect to different ones

Lounge Sonos to router
kitchen Sonos to downstairs hall adapter
Upstairs hall is plugged into the upstairs hall adapter

I’ve set them up to ‘clone’ the router though so it is effectively a single network. With phones etc it is seamless...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Next time you do this try leaving in the same position and breaking the pairing and see if everything works okay.
Badge +1
OK I’ll try this next time thanks and see what happens.

Strangely it also put my 3rd speaker out of sync, which I hadn’t moved at all.

I had to turn it off and on about 3 times until it started behaving correctly...
sent info with code 758022021.My stereo pair on Play 5's only working one speaker after power outage. How do I un-group speakers and how do I un-pair speakers? I did this once and it solved the problem, reading answers about channels just confused me, beyond my knowledge base.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
sent info with code 758022021.My stereo pair on Play 5's only working one speaker after power outage. How do I un-group speakers and how do I un-pair speakers? I did this once and it solved the problem, reading answers about channels just confused me, beyond my knowledge base.

Please see this article: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1066?language=en_US
Well UKMedia, you nailed it. Thank you (and such a quick reply too). I separated the two speakers, and found one had no music assigned to it. So I selected a track from my library and it played. Then I created a stereo pair again and they both performed a good as ever. This happened before when I have a power cut, but I forgot how to get over the problem. This is a great work around and I didn't have to change any channels on the router. Thanks again, Graham
Badge +1
I now use Sonos web with one Sonos One hardwired

Reserved IP addresses for all speakers

No Alexa naming conflicts

Seems to have sorted out all my issues

Will test stereo pairing when i need to do this!
Badge +1
I think Sonos should include a "for best results hardwire xyz" statement with their instructions

Think wifi setup would need to be near perfect to get a reliable system... each user setup is different...