Sonos One with Alexa stops playing music in one room when starting to play music in another

• 30 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Alexa command to play music in one room with Sonos One, causes other room, which is already playing music on a different Sonos One to stop.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Your music service may only allow a single Alexa stream. I know Amazon does this, if you start a stream via Alexa in one room, and then use Alexa to start in another room, the first stream is halted. This is different from the Sonos app, which lets you have multiple streams to multiple rooms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Your music service may only allow a single Alexa stream. I know Amazon does this, if you start a stream via Alexa in one room, and then use Alexa to start in another room, the first stream is halted. This is different from the Sonos app, which lets you have multiple streams to multiple rooms.

I addition to the jgatie's feedback this will also occur with Spotify unless you group the Rooms within the App.
Badge
Deezer seems to allow multiple streams via Alexa at the same time. I can play 4 different tracks in my 4 Sonos rooms, all initiated via Alexa on my Sonos One. I have a standard single user account, not a family account. It even allows me to stream on the iOS app without it interrupting the Sonos tracks.