Answered

Sonos one voice control

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos one with Alexa and Google. I am not getting a voice from Alexa….I have switched to try Goole and this works ok…..Have turned the Sonos one off for about 5mins , turned it back on ...and no response to my voice.I have tried reconnectig it to no avail….the light on top off the speaker flashes when I speak a command ….then nothing

Anyone any Ideas…??

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 March 2024, 22:37

View original

4 replies

Have you uninstalled Google? That’s the only thing I can think of that might be blocking you. Google’s system requirements won’t allow multiple voice assistants on a single device, both Amazon and Sonos don’t make any requirements about that. 

Hi Airgetlam

Thx for your reply

I haven't tried uninstalling Google at the moment...the Sonos one that I have gave you the choice of Alexa or Google . I chose Alexa and been running with that for about 3-4yrs not had any problems with it until recently...when it for some reason just stopped replying.......

I’d try deleting the association with both, then reinstall the Alexa connection. Make sure your Sonos is up to date, as well. 

Hi  Airgetlam

Just a quickie to say thx for advice...I deleted Alexa ...and deleted Amazon Alexa account ....done factory reset on the speaker....re-instated Alexa ....and....all is working...now Alexa an me are the best of buddies....