Question

Sonos One update not working

• 22 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I purchased a pair of Sonos One's about a month ago but have been unable to use Alexa on them because they can't hear me unless I'm standing literally right next to them. An update was released, 8.2.1, and I'm really anxious to get it to see if it helps fix this problem so I can start using them. So I go to Sonos app, press 'update now' -> tap the button update -> then it asks me to open in App Store -> I'm at the Sonos Controller app and press open -> takes me back to where I started in the Sonos app asking me to 'update now'. So basically I'm unable to get the update because it keeps taking me through this endless cycle. So not only is the Sonos One defective but the update is defective too?? Or am I somehow doing something wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
I have the same experience on my Play:1. Instead of hitting Update, select “More Options” at the bottom to at least work around the issue.
Userlevel 1
Thx but there's no 'more options' button anywhere. The only button on the page is 'update'.
Badge
Me too - trying to update my system and going around in endless cycle - I've got the 'More' button but of no-use as it's covered by the update '1' graphic. I've only just managed to restore my set-up from the last fiasco =:@:@ Looks like another duff Sonos release!!!!
Is anyone having an issue where it says the app needs updating and they re-route you to App Store, but there’s no update? It’s infuriating.
Badge
I was lucky enough to stumble into another blog that gave the solution that worked for me - simply deleted the App and reloaded it. Hope it woks for you too - note it was thanks to another person not me. It was suggested that it is about how quick Apple implement the updates internationally and it seems that Sonos release their upgrade but it can take days to go global on the Apple App.