Answered

Sonos One stopped executing Alexa commands

• 21 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I’m relatively new to both Sonos and Alexa, being about 4 weeks in. I’ve run into my first challenge with my Sonos One units no longer executing Alexa commands. The microphones are on, the units recognize the wake word and appear to begin listening, but regardless of the command there’s no response for a while then a noise that I assume is the listening ending. When I check the Alexa app, nothing registered. My Dot and Echo are functioning just fine. It appears the Sonos isn’t hearing the commands, or they’re not being passed along to Alexa. I tried deregistering one pair (living room) and adding it back, but no luck. Is there a protocol for resolving this? Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 24 December 2018, 15:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Try Disabling the Sonos skill and then Enabling again in the Alexa App. Please retest and if the problem persists, then follow the actions I've listed within the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Userlevel 1
Badge
Alexa is not responding on my Sonos One all of a sudden. I have disconnected, and restarted Sonos One. Dis/enabled the skill still not working

Diagnostics number: 1647414451

Please can you investigate?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you make sure that the small round white light is lit on the top of the Sonos One.? If not the Mic has been switched off accidentally, just touch the mic symbol to toggle back on.
Userlevel 1
Badge
That's it - panic over - thanks!