Answered

Sonos One stereo pair

• 5 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi I have a pair of One's , one is in the living room and the other is in the dining room. Sometimes when I ask Alexa a question they both answer or one will answer followed by the other a few seconds later.
Any ideas how I can rectify this so only one answers?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 15 July 2018, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The process that they should follow is for the Amazon server to determine which device received the clearest command and mute the other one, although sometimes more than one will chime. Can you disable and then enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos
Thanks for the reply. I will try it after work.
Do you really have a stereo pair located in different rooms?
Yes but it is adjoining rooms in an open plan style so the speakers are not too far apart.
You may get a better distribution of sound from grouping rather than pairing but it's your call.
I have 2 One's set up as a stereo pair in my living room, one of them, no matter how close I am to it never answers when I address alexa. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you check that the small white round light is displayed on the top of the Sonos One? If not the mic is turned off, just touch the mic symbol to toggle back on.
That was it! Mic was off. Thanks!