Hey guys! I am fairly new to the Sonos world (and somewhat to Alexa). I’ve run into an issue that is driving me crazy and I can’t seem to resolve.
In my bedroom, I have a Sonos One SL and the Amazon Echo Show 5. I can’t use voice commands to play music on the Sonos; it always plays on the Show. No matter what I ask Alexa to play in the Master Bedroom, it always comes out the Show, even when I try to be specific and tell it which device.
For background I’ve..
- Added both devices to the Master Bedroom group.
- Made sure the Sonos is the Preferred Speaker.
- Confirmed I can play music to both devices individually thru the Alexa app, so I know the app sees the Sonos speaker.
- Removed the Sonos skill and readded it, making sure all settings are correct.
- Deleted the Group in Alexa and rebuilt it.
I’m sure I’m probably missing something easy, but I am stumped! I have read other posts here, I’ve googled, I’ve watched YouTube videos.