Answered

Sonos one routines

• 13 April 2018
  • 3 replies

I am trying to set up a routine on Sonos one through Alexa app it seems to control the lighting but will not give me audio response? Why is this?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 13 April 2018, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi willneild

Maybe you should consider yourself lucky as there are quite a few who wish they could shut Alexa off (voice and/or audio response) :8 Enough levity...if Alexa via the Sonos One is executing your command:but you get no acknowledgement, I suggest two things:

1. Make sure the volume is turned up on the speaker
2. If the volume is already turned up then try unplugging the Sonos One for 30 seconds and plug it in again.
3. If neither of the above resolve your issue you can either return the speaker to place of purchase for an exchange or submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum.

Hopefully I understand your question correctly when you say...routine...as that may be a different scenario requiring a another approach.

Cheers!
Thank you, every time I run the routine it just replies that audio responses are not supported. And in the Alexa app it doesn't show it as a audio device
Userlevel 7
Thank you, every time I run the routine it just replies that audio responses are not supported. And in the Alexa app it doesn't show it as a audio device

Ah Ha! you were speaking of a routine vs a simple command. This link will explain: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/do-alexa-routines-work-through-sonos-one-6793094

Cheers!