Sonos One repeating songs

I'm having an issue with using Alexa to play a station through Pandora. This is the only streaming service that does this, and ONLY when I ask Alexa to play it. The station with start, and it might play normally for 2-3 songs, and then it will play ALMOST every song twice before changing to a new song. It doesn't matter what station, but this does not happen if I use the app to play a station through Pandora.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Nobody has anything eh?
I'm having the exact same issue and have had it for a while.
I have been having the exact same issue for some time now. I also own an Echo Dot and Google Home mini and use them to play the exact same Pandora stations/account and do not experience this issue. It is unique to the Sonos Alexa integration.
I have been having the exact same issue for some time now. I also own an Echo Dot and Google Home mini and use them to play the exact same Pandora stations/account and do not experience this issue. It is unique to the Sonos Alexa integration.

Same. I have an Echo as well that doesn’t do this.
I have the exact same problem, including it playing ads twice. And it does this only when controlling with Alexa as well, fine if I use the Sonos app.
Same issue including ads playing twice in a row.
My Sonos One (with Alexa) is repeating the same Pandora song twice also. I am on a 100Mb ethernet connection so the problem is not my wifi. My Amazon alexa devices don't have the problem. My Sonos firmware is up to date. I have a paid Pandora account so i don't have commercials. This is my first Sonos device and i am not too happy about it compared to my quite a bit cheaper Amazon Echo 1st generation.
Same here, I have a Sonos one playing pandora
same problem here. very aggravating, especially for what these speakers cost. Have close to 2k invested and everything repeats 3-4 times.
Badge
I have the same issue as of today, playing from Amazon. It plays 2-3 songs normally then repeats every song after twice. Any answers?
Badge
same here. Alexa+Pandora+ Sonos.

app.on Android.

"Pandora, play Beatles radio in room 1"... starts out fine, after a few songs a song will play thru and repeat once before going to next..
Me too. I'm using it with Alexa and Apple Music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

Our technicians are looking into an issue causing repeat playback of Pandora and Amazon Music when using Alexa voice commands. We don't have an ETA right now for a fix, but we'll update this thread when we have more to share. You should be able to play songs without repeats by using the Sonos app in the meantime.
Badge
thanks a lot for the response, Jeff
Add add me me to to the the list list
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi folks,

Our technicians are looking into an issue causing repeat playback of Pandora and Amazon Music when using Alexa voice commands. We don't have an ETA right now for a fix, but we'll update this thread when we have more to share. You should be able to play songs without repeats by using the Sonos app in the meantime.

Why did it take a month for your technicians to start investigating this?
Badge +1
I am also having this issue. Ask Alexa to "play music" and I get my favorites from Amazon Music, but every song is repeated twice.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Try saying "Alexa, loop off"
Badge +1
That does not seem to have had any effect. Still playing each song twice.
Mine starting skipping on the 3rd song. It has now played the 4th song 3 times. Back to the drawing board on the dust collector.