Question

Sonos One problems

• 23 October 2017
  • 66 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

I'm confused too. I just got a Sonos One (also have a Play:1). I've been buying music through Amazon's MP3 store for many years and it works fine on my Play:1, but I don't use the Amazon Unlimited thing. So I figured that my Amazon music would work great with Alexa on Sonos One (and the logos of what's supported seem to agree with that) but I'll ask for it to play albums that I've bought through Amazon Music and it will respond saying that the music isn't available through Prime Streaming. Is there some secret word I have to say to unlock the music I have literally given Amazon itself music to be able to play? (Works fine through the app of course, but if Alexa can't even play Amazon's own music I'm not sure why I bought this gimmicky speaker that doesn't even have a mounting screw.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm confused too. I just got a Sonos One (also have a Play:1). I've been buying music through Amazon's MP3 store for many years and it works fine on my Play:1, but I don't use the Amazon Unlimited thing. So I figured that my Amazon music would work great with Alexa on Sonos One (and the logos of what's supported seem to agree with that) but I'll ask for it to play albums that I've bought through Amazon Music and it will respond saying that the music isn't available through Prime Streaming. Is there some secret word I have to say to unlock the music I have literally given Amazon itself music to be able to play? (Works fine through the app of course, but if Alexa can't even play Amazon's own music I'm not sure why I bought this gimmicky speaker that doesn't even have a mounting screw.)

If you access the Alexa app and select 'Music, Video & Books is your music library listed?
So the weird part is, yes it is, but I don't really understand what that screen in the app does. I can find all the albums and songs but tapping on them doesn't seem to do anything obvious?

I wonder if part of the issue is that I'm always trying to play albums but it seems to usually want to search for songs. Do I have to speak in some special way to specify a full album? Do I have to say some special words to get My Music instead of Unlimited/Prime?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you setting your music library as your default music source in the alexa app settings》music, video & books?
Yes, I've selected "Amazon Music" as default (and only). But I guess I have confusion over whether Amazon Music is "things I've bought with them" or the newer subscription service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes, I've selected "Amazon Music" as default (and only). But I guess I have confusion over whether Amazon Music is "things I've bought with them" or the newer subscription service.

You should also see 'Amazon My Music Library' as a source under 'Music, Video & Books>My Music Library' - Can you see your music? If not, can you check that you don't have ANY other app signed in to another Amazon Account on any device used by your email.

The priority is 'If a song, album, artist, genre, or playlist is not in My Music, Alexa searches the Amazon Music catalog or samples from the Digital Music Store when available.'

Is there some secret word I have to say to unlock the music I have literally given Amazon itself music to be able to play?

The syntax for the command is Play an album "Play the album, '[title].'"

EDIT: Sorry, just read your previous posts again and you've already confirmed some of this.
Ah ok, this is starting to work. But is there a way to turn off the Amazon Music catalog? If Alexa doesn't understand the word I'm saying I really don't want it to play some random song that happens to have a similar title. I just want my music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ah ok, this is starting to work. But is there a way to turn off the Amazon Music catalog? If Alexa doesn't understand the word I'm saying I really don't want it to play some random song that happens to have a similar title. I just want my music.

Not that I'm aware of as they are both added from your Amazon account.
Are they going to fix the Sonos One to allow a wake word other than Alexa? When someone in your house in named Alexis, having the system use that word only is unworkable.
Our dog's name is Alexo. The wake word MUST be changed. I'll need that feature in an update very soon (like this week or next would be good), or the Sonos One is going back to the store. It's pretty ridiculous to leave out this setting feature from just the Sonos version of the platform. Hurry up and give us this update. Fix all of the other stuff later, but give us this update now please! I love all of my other Sonos equipment, but this is a huge disappointment.