Answered

Sonos one is in my wifes account and not my registered one

• 3 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I have registered my amazon account for alexa on my sonos one, but every time i ask it which account it is in, it states it is in my wifes account ( who is a household member).

I have disabled the skill, deregistered the sonos one and then set up alexa again using my amazon account, yet when i ask again which account it is in alexa says its in my wifes account!?!

The odd thing is when i have set up my beam using my amazon account, alexa on my beam says i am on my account (not my wifes), doing this in parallel, my sonos one always says its in my wifes account and when i ask it to swap accounts it says it can’t do that, all very frustrating.

The only thing that seems left to me, is to remove my wife from my household amazon profile, but then i can’t add her back in for 180 days. 

Any suggestions from anyone.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 10 April 2024, 10:35

View original

6 replies

If, as you mention, it’s in the same Family/Home and setup correctly, just ask Alexa on the device to switch to your profile. See link:

https://www.the-ambient.com/how-to/multiple-alexa-accounts-voice-profiles-513/

If, as you mention, it’s in the same Family/Home and setup correctly, just ask Alexa on the device to switch to your profile. See link:

https://www.the-ambient.com/how-to/multiple-alexa-accounts-voice-profiles-513/

thank you for this, however, Alexa on my sonos one does recognise my voice, Alexa states “Duncan is speaking, I am in Vicky’s account” Vicky being my wife on household profile. When I ask Alexa to switch profiles/accounts, Alexa states “sorry I am unable to do this at this time”.

I can switch between accounts/profiles on other Alexa devices, apart from this sonos one and my beam, however my beam logs me into my account and not my wifes every time.

My sonos one is fully up to update, I am at a loss with it.

Whichever mobile device you use to setup Alexa from, it uses the Alexa App account credentials from that device as far as I’m aware… I would simply remove Alexa from your Sonos device and deregister both the Alexa and speaker component from your wife’s account. Remove the ‘Sonos skill’ in the Alexa App(s) too from both your wife’s account and your own …and then using your own mobile, simply setup the Alexa assistant again on the speaker and ensure it’s using the Amazon Alexa app logged into your own account credentials and check its not using your Wife’s credentials.

I did look into this.

i used my mobile device with my credentials on the alexa app. the sonos one is registered to my email address/account not my wifes, on the sonos one, she says “i am speaking to Duncan, i am in Vickys account”, which is my wife. Bizarrely on my beam, I go through the same set up, Alexa says “i am speaking to Duncan, i am in Duncans account”.

I am at a total loss, I don’t understand what makes Alexa assume my wifes account (from my household profile) on the sonos one? And then to rub salt into the wounds Alexa says “i can’t switch accounts right now” 🤷‍♂️

I have checked my wifes amazon/alexa profile/account, she has no devices associated.

as i said in my original post, it looks like i will have to remove my wife from my household, then set up my sonos one, however i can’t add my wife back in for 180 days.

how do I change this thread to say unanswered as this highlighted answer hasn’t solved my problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @duggieflash 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

how do I change this thread to say unanswered as this highlighted answer hasn’t solved my problem?

I’ve done that for you.

It’s possible that some other app made by Amazon is signed into your wife’s account, but if this appears not to be the case, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will guide you through the steps needed.

I hope this helps.