Question

Sonos One, Google Assistant and Echo Dot at same time ?

• 5 September 2019
  • 0 replies

I know you can only use one Voice Assistant natively on the Sonos One, but is there a way to get the best of both worlds ?

I'd like to use Google Assistant for day to day voice commands as well as use the power of the Sonos speaker with a "paired" Echo Dot.

I have the Sonos One and Echo Dot in the kitchen

I have a few reasons for wanting to do this

1) Sonos One cannot exist in an Amazon Multi Room Music Group - if like to play the same music on my multiple Amazon devices around the house and the kitchen is excluded - I am reluctant to add another (bluetooth) speaker into the kitchen to facilitate this

2) The Sonos One doesn't support the new Amazon Alexa kitchen / timer clock

So basically if like to use the Sonos One all the time but there are restrictions in Alexa compatibility meaning i would still need the Dot for the two features above but use the more powerful Google Assistant too

So - is it possible to "pair" the Dotand the Sonos One,get all the benefits I need AND still be able to say "I'M Google" ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.