Question

Sonos one - can't add Alexa to Sonos - voice option missing - mic not working

• 11 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to connect my Sonos One and Alexa, but it doesn’t work. I think it’s because the micro isn’t working as Sonos and Alexa seems to be connected, but I don’t know how to turn it on. There is no voice service option on my Sonos app available, I can only add the streaming services. I tried to reinstal, reset, touched the micro butten on sonos thousand times - not working. In my Alexa app it seem to be connected with Sonos, the Sonos skill is enebled, however there is written “Alexa on this phone (Android) - online” and then “My room - the sonos”, which is enebled. Should “my room” be online? How can I do it? If I’m looking for other devices there is: “no other devices found”.

Also sometimes the Sonos app can’t connect to the Sonos...is there anything I can do, so that the app finds the Sonos without problems? It’s really annoying when I have to restart the app 10 times :/

Can anyone please help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No other devices.

I already solved the problem...it had to be restarted several times and now it works. But thanks for your response.

Do you have another Alexa enabled device with the same name?

If that’s the case one of them needs to be renamed.

--akeh