Question

sonos one and connect amp setup

• 3 November 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hi

I'm having difficulty with a sonos one and a connect amp. I have ceiling speakers fed by a connect amp and I want to add a sonos one for voice control. I want to be have them both function as one so that I can say ‘alexa play whatever’ and it will be output by both the one and the ceiling speakers. Can anyone advise how to set it up please?

Many thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ro76, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I’d be happy to help you all here and it would be best for those having trouble submitting a diagnostic report of your system for better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. This is the reference number. 2023703193 

Basically I would like ‘kitchen’ and ‘sonos one kitchen’ to function as one entity so that I have alexa on the sonos one controlling both seamlessly. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ro76, thank you for your reply. I appreciate you for submitting the diagnostic and letting me know the room names you wanted to play music at the same time. Let me help you with this.

You can group your Kitchen Sonos One and Kitchen Connect Amp together so they play the same content in sync. Please check out this article Group and ungroup rooms for your reference.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. We'll wait for your reply.