Answered

Sonos One and Alexa location

• 24 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Prominent Collaborator II
  • 113 replies
If I ask for the weather on my Echos and Dots, I get it for my UK location. If I ask for it on my Sonos Ones I get it for Seatle, and the Alexa app won't let me save a changed location for the Sonos Ones. This is what Amazon support say:

"From your email I understood that your Alexa device is giving you the wrong weather information. I can definitely help you with this.

"If you're unable to edit the device location on your Sonos speaker with Alexa, is because this device hasn't been completely released on United Kingdom"

Any idea when Sonos will get this working on their devices?
icon

Best answer by dasym 27 October 2017, 20:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I've also discovered that the time is wrong. If I ask what time it is it gives a time that is 8 hours too early, probably the time in Seatle.

I've tried changing the location in the Alexa app but that too won't save. I've received another reply from Amazon:

"I'd like to inform that, Many of the customers are facing issues with "Sonos One" and this has been escalated to the Technical team, they are working on It to fix the issue."

I hope they can sort out the issues soon.

Anyone else having these problems?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Have you tried using the Alexa website where all this can also be set at http://alexa.amazon.co.uk/ It worked for me in the app and the website
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Have you tried using the Alexa website where all this can also be set at http://alexa.amazon.co.uk/ It worked for me in the app and the website
Yes, that's what I've been using. It gets the time right for a bit then it goes back to another time zone.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
I've also discovered that the time is wrong. If I ask what time it is it gives a time that is 8 hours too early, probably the time in Seatle.

I've tried changing the location in the Alexa app but that too won't save. I've received another reply from Amazon:

"I'd like to inform that, Many of the customers are facing issues with "Sonos One" and this has been escalated to the Technical team, they are working on It to fix the issue."

I hope they can sort out the issues soon.

Anyone else having these problems?

Yes im having the same problem. My time is stuck on mountain standard time north america and wont change. One day and so many negatives of a product.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Now I'm finding the first time I ask the time it can be 8 hours out. If I ask again immediately after it's correct. All very worrying. It's also worrying that I've raised 3 tickets with Sonos support and I've not had a reply to any of them. I raised the first one three days ago.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Sonos support got back to me and suggested I unplug all the Sonos Ones except one and then try and change the timezone in the Alexa App. That worked; I was able to change the timezone to Europe, BST for each of them and it seems to have stuck.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also having this issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Great! Location is also working now. I've been able to set my home address in the Alexa app and it's stuck - at last. I now get local weather report instead of for Seattle.