Sonos One Alexa stopped understanding "the light" for room lights

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
When I first connected my Sonos One and assigned it to a room, Alexa would "turn on the light" and "turn off the light" just like the Echo Dot that was there before. A day later, it stopped understanding "the light", and I now need to say the room name + light. On this forum I read that this is yet another unadvertised limitation of the "Alexa-enabled-not-really-Alexa" Sonos One. Ok... but why did it work for a day, then stop???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

There is no such limation with the Sonos One. Can you open the Alexa App>Groups and check that the lights that you want to control are added to the same group as the Sonos One. I have noticed that occasionally, devices just drop out of Alexa Groups for no apparent reason.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
This functionality stopped working since the 10.1 update a month ago. It's fine if you don't change anything in an existing group however if for any reason you re-discover devices you can no longer set a Sonos device as the Alexa enabled device in a group and therefore have to specify room name + lights, more information here

https://en.community.sonos.com/smart-home-integrations-229108/10-1-broken-alexa-groups-6822701

Sonos please acknowledge and let us know this is being worked on, not working for the last month!