Sonos One Alexa Not Working

• 25 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have lost Alexa on my Play One.  I have factory reset the speaker and reconnected it.  I’ve also done everything under in the Sonos support topic about deregistrating and reregistrating an Alexa device.  When completing the setup, I can hear Alexa confirm setup with, “Hello!”.  However, the mic led will not turn on.  There is a tone each time I turn the mic on and off but it will not respond to any commands.  Everything looks fine, just no mic LED or response.

Your diagnostic confirmation number is: 1384143241.   What’s the next step, Sonos?

Thanks- John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jfrtwo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, shows audio dropout due to sync errors and wireless interference was detected in your Sonos system and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. Wireless interference can occur when two or more wireless devices compete for the same WiFi space.  You can also find instructions on how to reduce wireless interference in our short video. With your current setup as the Sonos Arc is wired to your router, help to operate in a room where Sonos is beyond the reach of your WiFi because it will establish a SonosNet, and Sonos products will be able to pass the wireless signal to other Sonos products. However, some of your other Sonos speakers are not getting wireless signals, instead, they are connected to your WiFi network. This could be the reason why Alexa is not working on your Sonos One. 

Here are the steps that you can follow and see if it works for you.

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power.
    • Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test Alexa if she’s going to respond correctly this time.
  2. Check if the microphone is on.
    • Tap the mic icon to enable or disable the microphone.
    • When the microphone is disabled, you can continue to use voice-commands by pressing and holding the mic button. When you release it, the microphone will be disabled again.

Let us know how it goes with you and if you run into the same issue, please submit another diagnostic report and provide the confirmation number in your response for us to check.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

Badge

I reset the Play ONE and reconfigured.  Attached it to the same switch as my ARC and disabled wifi.  She’s got a good connection now via ethernet.  This removes wireless signals from the equation.  I reenabled Alexa for this device.  She says Hello! to confirm that it was setup ok.  I still cannot turn the MIC on. No white lite.  Alexa works fine on all other SONOS devices. Diagnostic 1740524078

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jfrtwo, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Have you performed the steps recommended in this thread? If after doing all the steps and the issue is not resolved, it would be best to contact our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.