Answered

Sonos One/Alexa hears, responds, but then doesn't do anything

• 4 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I've gotten Alexa up to the point where she says she's about to play some artist, and then nothing evert happens. When I manually play stuff via Sonos app, Alexa heard "Pause", but then doesn't even pause or stop. She will, however, tell me jokes.

I have been through the factory reset procedure 5 times.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 July 2018, 08:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you follow the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post and let us know how you get on:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
1. There are NO devices in Smart home. Trying to add a device yields 20 seconds of no activity, followed by still no devices

2. Disabled and re-enabled the Sonos via Alexa. Following the prompts, it wanted to scan for devices, and this time, it did in fact find the sonos speaker. So I added it.

And it works! I was able to tell it to play music and it did. Then I told it to stop, and it also did.

Thanks for the help. That was a tricky setup that I do not wish to repeat.