Sonos ducking with Alexa integration works poorly with multiple Alexas and Multiple Sonos zones

• 22 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Many people have talked about ducking and the use of line in, so I won't go into detail. Discussed here: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/amazon-dot-and-play-5-line-in-going-quiet-when-replying-from-alexa-6791469/#post16150889

However, the ducking has other unintended consequences. As a household with multiple Alexas and multiple Sonos zones:
1) Any utterance to Alexa anywhere in the home ducks Sonos playback
2) Sonos playback is ducked even if it was not originated via Alexa

While I enjoyed the integration, the "cross-talk" interference makes the current implementation unusable.
I hope the GA version sorts this out.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have the exact sane problem though I am not familar with the term ducking, but do think its a great wors to eplain how Sonos gets extremely soft fir awhike whenever any Alexa device is used in my network. This is unacceptable and annoying. I have disconnected my sonos frim Alexa. Sad because I bought Sonos specifically to use with Alexa...guess no more Sonos units for me unless they fix this issue. Disconnected Alexa and rarely use Sonos now...