Question

Sonos controlling lights

• 19 September 2019
  • 2 replies

How do I get Sonos to turn smart plug lights on and off?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don't think there's anything in the Sonos applications that would address that. You could use your Sonos devices hooked up to one of the voice assistants, either Alexa from Amazon or Google's Assistant, and those applications could do that, assuming that you add the capability to those assistants. I use Alexa to control my Philips Hue lights, but I happen to use an Alexa device to get my voice to the Alexa system. Sonos can provide that access, assuming that you've got a Sonos device that has the necessary microphones, and have set up the voice assistant in the Sonos ecosystem.
Userlevel 7
Hi Barry Nash

According to your profile you have a Sonos One. All you need do is select your assistant either Alexa or Google for the Sonos One. Click here to learn how.

After everything is setup ask the assistant you chose to discover devices. This assumes you've set them up on your network 😉
FYI, my Sonos One controls the following:
  1. Lights
  2. Smart Plugs
  3. ADT Security_Arm/Disarm
  4. Guest Network
  5. Music
  6. Sonos speaker selection (i.e. rooms)
Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!