Answered

Sonos boost with sonos move

• 11 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, I recently purchased a Sonos Move mainly to connect it to my outside patio Beam for better outdoor listening experience.  I currently have 2 beams, 1 arc, a lamp and 2 Play:1.  When using the Move connected to my outside Patio Beam the Move constantly loses connection causing the audio to stop for short stints (2-5 seconds) about every 20-30 seconds.  I had never experience connection loss and only occurs when the Move is outside which is the furthest location from my Wifi router.  I read about the Sonos Boost so I added it to my system; however, it appears the Move is not made to not connect to the Boost as that is the only device not showing up on the Sonos App under “About My System” which lists all the devices as WM:0 (meaning they are under the Boost).  I did remove my home wifi from the sonos app.   

Hoping someone can answer if is not possible to add/use the Move along with the Boost as in that case, I do not need the Boost and can return it.

icon

Best answer by Antifon 11 June 2021, 01:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sadly, the Move cannot use SonosNet, and so the Boost will not improve the situation.

I had almost exactly the same problem, and had to install an extra wifi Access Point to resolve the Move’s deficiencies.

Note also that generally an Access Point in extender mode will not work either - it will probably need to be hard-wired back to your router.

Alternatively, one of the wi-fi mesh network products may be another solution - but I could not justify the cost, simply to make one Move work properly.

Thanks.