Sonos Boost and Alexa

• 20 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Due to WiFi interference in my home causing problems with my Sonos speaker system I added a Sonos Boost. This worked very well in improving the stability and availability of my speakers.

It did, however, break the integration with Alexa. Alexa can no longer see my speakers. The Alexa device discovery doesn't work. I'm guessing it's because when using the Sonos Boost the speakers appear in my router connected devices table as hardwired, not a wireless device.

My system consists of 5 Play 1's, 1 Subwoofer and 1 Boost. Alexa voice control worked fine with these speakers before the switch to the Boost.

Is there a workaround for this that will allow Alexa to see them? If not, I hope that others have reported this and Sonos is working on a solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you follow the steps I've listed within the Answer of this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Sonos support needs to respond. Purchased a Alexa Spot. When trying to add Sonos Skill , Alexa reports no speakers connected. I have a Boost running 2 Play 1 (original), 1 Play 3, 1 Play5 and a Connect. They all work on Sonos app. Alexa is useless at this time. From reading the posts, it appears I need to eliminate the Boost to make Alexa work with Sonos.