Answered

sonos Beam does not work with Firestick

• 28 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I own two Sonos beams . Both connected to Samsung 7000 series Tv.  Both use Firesticks. Neither will work with Hdmi  and the Beam.  I have tried  earc on and off, different HDMI ports, CEC on and off,  different cables,  called support. No one knows why audio will not  work on the beam while using firestick. One firestick is the HD 4K and one is the new Max.  Sound works fine while directly connected Ted from internet to Tv and back to the beam , it’s only while playing through fire stick. HELP ! 

thanks ☺️

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 April 2022, 01:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the FireTV 4K and the Beam connected to my TV and it’s working okay here - the audio output on the FireTV  is set to ‘Best Available’ but perhaps try your setup with whatever matches your TV settings (Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus, just as examples)… also set the TV to use ‘pass-through’ (if supported) for digital sound output, or maybe set it to Auto.

Ensure AnyNet+ is enabled on the TV, that’s if using it’s HDMI-ARC connection and ensure the sound out is set to route through the Arc/eArc port - you can perhaps try the TV either with eARC switched ‘on’ or ‘off’ and see what may work for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try optical from the TV to the Beam, via the adapter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That would loose you HDMI-CEC, though. To me this would be a no no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That would loose you HDMI-CEC, though. To me this would be a no no.

A clear improvement over no audio though.