Question

Sonos Beam automatically switches TV input while using Alexa

• 23 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I just bought a Sonos Beam and connected it to my Philips smart TV via the HDMI ARC input.
The input for my digital television signal comes from a external device which is connected via another HDMI input to the tv.

When I ask Alexa to turn on the TV, it works. However, it automatically switches the TV input to the HDMI 1 (ARC input), while it should stay on HDMI 2 (TV signal input). If my tv is not on HDMI 2, I can't watch TV. So now I have to switch my tv back to HDMI 2 via the remote control in order to watch TV with the sound via the Beam.

Is there any way I can control the Beam via voice and watch TV without having to use the remote to switch the TV to the right input?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same question. Has anyone figured out a way to have the TV stay on the previously used input?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Anyone got an answer to this as I have same problem with one of my Sony TV’s. Funnily enough my other Sony TV (different Model) does not do this.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
see my story: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/can-sonos-beam-change-the-tv-s-hdmi-input-via-alexa-6822197