Question

Sonos and Alexa Overseas

• 8 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am trying to find a solution to my unusual setup. I am currently based in Japan and would like to use Sonos One with Alexa. I bought Sonos One in the US and tried to set it up. I managed to get the voice control with Alexa to work. However, in Alexa app setting I can only see the Tunein music service. Neither Spotify or Amazon Music is showing. I can understand why not Spotify as they have some stupid system preventing you to use Spotify outside you registered country. They actually registered me to Japan automatically. No idea how to get this to Germany. Would IP service be able to solve this? Now with Amazon I have a functioning Amazon Music account that is hooked up to the German store using my Amazon login. Why will that service not show up in the Alexa App? I signed in with the same Amazon ID and also set in Alexa app the address to Germany? Any help would be welcomed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you check your Sonos profile in https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/profile/ and make sure that the address is in Germany. If the problem persists, please open the Alexa App>Settings>{Your Alexa Enabled PLAY:1} and then select Deregister and then Register to your German Amazon Account.

Let us know how you get on.