Question

Sonos and Alexa in two different homes

• 19 January 2018
  • 6 replies

I have Sonos One working well in primary house. I just purchased echo dot for Play 1 in my secondary home. The houses are in 2 different zip codes and use 2 different wifi networks. I cannot get my echo dot to connect to sonos system in secondary home. Can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You probably have to setup the dot and a different amazon account. Or have the Sonos on same Sonos id (which you can do by taking the Sonos from the 2nd house and setting it up on the home network. Then taking it back to second house. But I think just setting up the dot on another amazon account would be easiest.
Thx Chris... I will try setting dot up on second amazon account. Respect!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Let us know how it goes I think that will work best.
If you use a second amazon account, you have no access to your Amazon Prime music service or any of your own music stored on the Amazon music cloud service. Only solution for me is to disable the Sonos skill in Alexa and re-enable it every time I move between my two properties - luckily, I only do this once every few weeks. I would love the Alexa app to recognise that some people have more than one Sonos system, though..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Can you put the second home on same sonos ID. By taking one of units from second home. Setting up on 1st home system. Then taking to second home and buildin system from it.
After setting up a second Amazon account, I then had to register the 'dot' to that account. I then had to be sure to change to that account in the Alexa app. I then had to enable and discover the sonos skill while in that account. Success!!! When I return to my primary residence, I will change the amazon account in the Alexa app and will 'see' my sonos set up there. Thanks for the input!