Question

Sonos - Alexa - Spotify Command Problems

• 21 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi Community,

Device: Sonos One

Before: I could just say "Alexa, play "The Beatles"

Now (since this morning CET): Alexa responds to this command with "I'm sorry, something went wrong". However, it plays music with "Alexa, play The Beatles on Spotify". Once music is on, other commands such as "Alexa, next song" work.

I disabled/enabled Sonos skill, I unlinked/linked Spotify and verified that Spotify was default music service on Alexa. However, the problem still persists.

Please help.

Thanks!
Alex

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please try the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16201009
Not working. Even this one didn't work. What now?

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/resolving-the-majority-of-issues-with-alexa-on-sonos-6798039
Hi Community,

Device: Sonos One

Before: I could just say "Alexa, play "The Beatles"

Now (since this morning CET): Alexa responds to this command with "I'm sorry, something went wrong". However, it plays music with "Alexa, play The Beatles on Spotify". Once music is on, other commands such as "Alexa, next song" work.

I disabled/enabled Sonos skill, I unlinked/linked Spotify and verified that Spotify was default music service on Alexa. However, the problem still persists.

Please help.

Thanks!
Alex

Exactly the same problem here.
Default music service is set to Spotify in the Alexa App. But exactly as you describe it - it doesn’t work anymore without adding “Spotify” to the command.

Mine responds with “I couldn’t find ....” in your music library. It clearly means the amazon music library - because the bands I requested are definitely in my Spotify library
So, this morning it miraculously worked again. Somehow Alexa got the device name wrong but I can command songs by saying "Alex, play the Beatles". @UKMedia what's going on here? 🙂
I'll test it when I get home.
I was on a support call with Amazon yesterday night. The guy said that he can see that it'y trying to play from Amazon music, but as it's a Sonos unit he doesn't see the entire picture. He said it "might have been resetted and will learn again that Spotify is preferred, ..."
Which I doubt - because Spotify is set as default service and as you also mentioned @alexreinhold it was working perfectly fine a few days ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So, this morning it miraculously worked again. Somehow Alexa got the device name wrong but I can command songs by saying "Alex, play the Beatles". @UKMedia what's going on here? :)

I can only assume that there was a Sonos/Spotify integration problem - there have been a 3 or 4 of these that have effected a selection of users since the Sonos One was launched. Glad it's working now though. 🙂
...and 24 hours later the problem magically re-appeared. This is so strange...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think it best you call Sonos Tech Support.