Sonos - Alexa Routines Alternative

• 27 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

As we know there are no routines available on the Alexa Sonos one, getting an ETA is like getting blood out of a stone. So are there any alternatives to this?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sure. You can use Smartthings, Yonomi, Lutron Hub, and I believe even Wink now. What kind of schedule or routine you can do depends on the smart hub or app you're using.

As far as an ETA goes, those Alexa routines for smart speakers are definitely something that Amazon has control over, not Sonos. If an ETA can be had, it would be given through them.
Great thanks so I just want it to read the news, weather and maybe play a station. Dosnt need to turn on light or anything like that. I can appreciate its not a Sonos issue. Still glad I got this over an actual alexa unit
This might seem like a really stupid question. I’m totally new to the Sonos One and I’m trying to do the same thing. Where do I go to Activate these third-party applications so that I can use the routines? I just want to set up if you routines like good morning, I’m home from work, and good night. Looking to have a play specified stations, play Weather!, set a sleep timer, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This might seem like a really stupid question. I’m totally new to the Sonos One and I’m trying to do the same thing. Where do I go to Activate these third-party applications so that I can use the routines? I just want to set up if you routines like good morning, I’m home from work, and good night. Looking to have a play specified stations, play Weather!, set a sleep timer, etc.

Flash briefing is supported on the Sonos One, just open the Alexa App>Settings>Alexa Preferences>Flash Briefing as well as some sleep sounds best to try your favourites by downloading the relevant Alexa Skill in the Alexa App and try controlling via the Sonos One.
I think I found a workaround. In Alexa routines, choose play music and for the name of the song put, “[Song name] on [name of Sonos speaker]” for the name of the song. Seems to work for me.