Question

Sonos/Alexa Music Library missing

• 6 December 2017
  • 11 replies

I have purchased the new Play 1 with built in Alex. I can stream music from the radio, but it will not allow me to access selected music from Amazon Prime /Music. Is there an issue or do I need to use another on line music provider?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Have you set up your Amazon Music account in the Sonos App, and is it the same account set up in Alexa?

Then check the default Music service in Alexa App is set to Amazon Music.

Hope that helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
To backup what bockersjv has said, please check:

Alexa App>Settings>Music Services and check that you have set-up the same Amazon account as the one identified under the Sonos app>Settings>Services>Amazon Music.
I have this same issue. Ive checked and I have the same amazon account selected in Sonos and Alexa App.
The problem seems to be that Alexa cannot see music in amazon music, such as play list or albums, or search by artist. Screen shoot shows that there is an error

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Can you try this on the computer to see if it loads there? You'd use the link here: https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#music/AMAZON_MUSIC (assuming you're in the US) to pull up your local library.
Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply. Im based in the UK. I access the link, logged in, same issue. Is strange, other alexa services work fine. Radio, weather, jokes etc. Just not accessing amazon prime music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That's an odd one. If you just open the Amazon Music app on your mobile device, does it browse for your account?

If not, you'll want to reach out to Amazon Music directly as it's likely an issue on their side.
Hi Ryan, yes it does. I can also use Alexa in the amazon app to search for music and it works fine. One thing that I wasnt sure about was when i added the Sonos skill in Alexa App, it ask me to discover devices, but no new devices where discovered. I can see all of my Sonos devices via the room they are assigned too. Is the discover device meant to find my mobile device also? I have also requested support from Amazon on the matter.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks, can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number? I'll take a look and see if anything's standing out there.
Ok Guys, ive figured it out. For me it turned out that my amazon account had once been linked to amazon.com, which is incorrect as Im based in the UK and had a UK Prime membership. I had to log into my amazon.co.uk account via a web browser. Select the drop down menu for "accounts & lists" and then click on "Manage content and devices"

I was then presented with an I - information notification stating that my current kindle store is set to amazon.com, and to click a link to change this. I had to the sign into amazon.com. Transfer my Kindle store to UK.

Reconnect your sonos app to alexa app, reapply skills and discover devices. All is working ok!

I hope this helps. Got there in the end!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great to hear, Ben! Thanks for sharing.