Sonos + Alexa Echo + Pandora: Stops after 1 song

• 1 November 2017
  • 11 replies

When using Sonos with Alexa Echo and streaming music service (Pandora and Amazon Music), playback stops after one song. Very frustrating. I have tried disabling the skill and re-enabling to no avail. Help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
No fix for me. I have completely redone the setup in the entire house (18 speakers) 3 times, along with numerous other experiments. Literally slent weeks on this. Still Alexa plays one song on Sonos, then quits. Help!
Yes! Whatever fix was done is successful! Just in time... thx!
Hi, all. I would be inclined to suggest following Keith's advice to give us a call. This way we can conduct the necessary investigations to reach eventual resolution. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Section 2 of the Answer I posted in this post should address this issue:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022

Let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, all. I would be inclined to suggest following Keith's advice to give us a call. This way we can conduct the necessary investigations to reach eventual resolution. Many thanks.
We to are having the issue, we start Pandora with Alexa and it stops after 1 song. I tested with paying Pandora on the Echo Dot and it continues to play.
Same here.... reason to return.... Sonos One pair + Amazon Music. Only plays 1 song from a station.
any progress on this. Alexa plays one song on my Sonos and stops
Badge
Same problem. Alexa will find a Pandora station but only play one song.
Badge
I have experienced this same issue with Sonos One/Alexa. When it happens it’s usually after I’ve told Alexa to ‘pause’ followed by resume (15 or so minutes later).
Hello there, wjcox82. Thanks for posting to the Community and welcome! We are currently tracking a problem regarding voice initialized playback stopping after one track. If you have a moment, please give our technicians a call so we can begin to gather data for the senior technicians about this. Our contact information can be found here.