“Something went wrong” Sonos Play:One

• 4 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Problem: Alexa-enabled Sonos Play:One will not recognise voice commands for controlling music via Spotify.

Setup: a Play:One, Play:3 and a set of installed Bose speakers which are conntected to Sonos using a bridge.

Background: The Play:One is a recent purchase which I brought for the sole purpose of using voice-enabled “Alexa” to control music, Philips Hue lights and a few sockets around the house. I have no problems controlling the appliances which I have linked to my Alexa app, however, when I ask Alexa to play ....... on Spotify, I receive is a pause followed by “Something went wrong”.

Do you want Spotify linked on the Sonos app as well as the Alexa app?
Does streaming music directly from Spotify Connect (like a Bluetooth speaker) override the voice activation?
What is the correct voice command for queing music on Spotify using Alexa?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Do you want Spotify linked on the Sonos app as well as the Alexa app?

Yes, you must add the same Spotify Premium Account to both the Sonos and Alexa Apps. Also please open 'Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services' and select Spotify.

Does streaming music directly from Spotify Connect (like a Bluetooth speaker) override the voice activation?

Spotify will terminate any other stream when a new request is made via voice control.

What is the correct voice command for queuing music on Spotify using Alexa?

Please see this article: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3514?language=en_US

But note that if you want to play a Playlist you must include the word in the command. e.g. 'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist'

Note: For clarity, the Play:1 is the device without Alexa and the Sonos One is the device with Alexa. 🙂