Question

Sleep Timer on New Sonos One Won't Work

• 27 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
After telling Alexa to shut off music at a pre determined time and Alexa acknowledges, that time comes and goes, and the music plays on. Anybody get that problem, or have a similar experience?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
As far as I'm aware you still can't implement a sleep timer through Alexa on the Sonos One. You can however set a sleep timer through the desktop app and I think the mobile app as well. I'm hoping this will get fixed soon as It's a pain setting a sleep timer through the app. There are a few functions of Alexa that don't work on the Sonos!
Badge
Thanks for the quick response. That puts my mind at ease, I thought I had a bad speaker. Take care, and Happy New Year!! By the way, can you get Sonos One to make phone calls using Alexa? Thanks, take care, Leonard
I also have this sleep timer issue with my Sonos One. The Sonos device accepts the sleep timer command and responds with an OK (that it received the command). It just does NOT shut off.

Please SONOS - work on resolving this issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
Sleep Timers on the Sonos one were finally enabled about 10 days ago and should be working. I've used them several times successfully since the announcement was made.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-timer-responds-but-doesn-t-work-6806461?postid=16233681

Now if we can just get Music Alarms supported. 😃