Sharp TV no longer responding to Alexa

• 4 August 2018
  • 0 replies

I originally worked through successfully setting up a new Sonos Beam to my older Sharp Aquos TV. I was able to use voice commands to Alexa to turn on/off the TV up until a recent series of power outages. After the power outage, both Alexa and my Sonos ecosystem weren't behaving but after following other community posts, I was able to get everything working again. The next day is when I noticed that I couldn't use Alexa to turn off/on TV whereas it was working previously. All other functions via Beam work fine (various audio sources, other Alexa commands, etc).

Setup: Sonos Beam connected to HDMI 1 (ARC port) on Sharp Aquos TV. I verified menu settings on TV to enable Sharp Aquos Link on TV for Auto Power ON (presumably Sharp's version for CEC setting). NOTE: This setting worked previously.

Troubleshooting thus far: Validate in Sonos App and Alexa App that all devices appear and online. I have gone to the Alexa website (not mobile app) to 'Forget' the 'Den TV' device . I asked Alexa to discover devices and Den TV was found again. Under Alexa/Smart Home/Devices, I see 'Den TV'. However, under Alexa/Settings/Devices menu, I don't see 'Den TV' but not sure I should? Within Alexa Mobile App under Smart Home/Devices, I see 'Den TV' and the details show enabled. I have unplugged and replugged cables to/from TV and Sonus Beam (verifying ARC port). I have power cycled TV and Sonos Beam multiple times in this process.

In summary, each time I ask Alexa to "Turn TV off/on" Alexa now responds: "Sorry, Den TV is not responding".

Please advise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.