Answered

Ring does not work properly on sonos one

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

My Ring Doorbell, is not reported in my Sonos One via Alexa (Stereo Par) and it does on my Sonos One Second generation. Any Solution? I have noticed that for Alexa, the 1st gen is reported as a speaker and the 2nd Gen, as an Echo device. Is this last correct?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 January 2022, 19:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Whether Alexa classifies your Sonos speaker as an “Echo Device” or a “Speaker” is what will determine your ability to select the speaker as an “Announcement Device” for the Ring Doorbell.

The Alexa app doesn’t see any of my Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers (Arc, One (Gen 1), Move) as an “Echo Device”. They are all classified as “Speaker” so they are not an option under “Announcement Devices”. And, unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a way to manually adjust this classification in the Alexa app.

Badge

Thanks GuitarSuoerstar. So far I make a workaround, mixing pairs One 1st gen a the other  2nd gen. Under this I have  notification in both rooms. Don’t like too much, but I need notification in both rooms. I hope no to lose any Sonos feature present or future. Regards