Returned Sonos Arc - Built In Alexa s not what you ecpect

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Super excited to bring home brand new Sonos arc. Went through the entire set up process connected it to TV things are looking great. Log into Amazon, went to add it to the everywhere group only to discover it cannot be. Immediately started researching this and was very disappointed.

Packed it all up and returned everything to Best Buy. Speaker sounded great however without the ability to add it to the everywhere group it is useless to me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If your expectation was that a Sonos speaker would participate in a group with Amazon’s Echo units, playing in sync with them, it’s unsurprising that you were disappointed. Sonos would rapidly go out of business otherwise.

I *now* get why it would be a conflict, but to a Sonos noob like myself I see this amazing sound bar with “Alexa” I expected it to perform with Alexa devices.  I don’t think it’s a stretch. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you think the sound is so good, scrap the other stuff, build a Sonos system, and use the Sonos “Group” feature to get synchronised sound to multiple speakers.