Question

Renamed a room, SonosOne won't play to it

• 5 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hello all. I've renamed one of my rooms from "Office" to "Dungeon" because that was going to be more fun. I did the renaming via the Sonos app. But the new name appears both on the Sonos and Alexa applications, so it seems everyone knows about the new name.

However, when I ask Alexa (via the SonosOne) to Play Artist in Dungeon, she has no luck. She keeps telling me she cannot find a song called "in the dungeon" or "in dungeon" by that artist. (I checked the same request in other rooms and there is no problem with understanding my meaning.)

But! When I start music in the Dungeon on Sonos app and then ask Alexa wha is playing in the Dungeon, she has no problem telling me that information.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you selected Alexa App>Smart Home>Discover?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Or you can give the command "Alexa, Discover devices"... though I think renaming a Sonos device automatically kicks that process off, because Alexa told me she didn't find any new smart home devices... and when I opened the app to check, it already had my renamed room listed.

HOWEVER... I tried the same thing you did... renamed a zone to Dungeon... and I couldn't get it to play anything to that zone through Alexa. Whatever I was requesting be played always played on the device the request went through, not to the zone I asked for.