Skip to main content
Question

Random chimes, blip, bing, bong sounds

• 15 June 2024
  • 0 replies

As the topic title mentions we are getting these random sounds through the Arc. My system is new since December, 2023. I have the Arc, Sub Gen3, pair of Era100’s. The Arc is connected to my TCL TV w/Roku OS via HDMI. The 100’s are each in separate rooms. Alexa is installed and there are a couple of echo devices in beadrooms.

The noises are heard only when streaming through a TV app such as Netflix, Prime, Discovery, etc.. Never when through my Comcast cable box or when streaming music via Amazon Prime music or streaming iHeart Radio, etc. 

This was a problem earlier this year, then seemed to disappear but lately it is enough to stop us from watching through an app. This was a concern well before the recent app updates but has raised its ugly head since then.

The sounds can be described as different tones happening fast, then slower, then faster. It sounds like someone is leaning on a keyboard somewhere. I’ve even gone so far as taking the batteries out of the remotes. I’ve read through the related topics and turned off notifications and wake word sounds. 

Any ideas? TIA.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!