Skip to main content
Answered

Problems with Alexa connection on Sonos One Gen2

• 22 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have the following problem with one of my Sonos One Gen 2. I am not able to fully connect the Alexa Voice feature to the Sonos One. After going through the connection process

Setup → Voice Assistant → add → Amazon Alexa

Everything seems fine. I am able to play music via voice commands, but 

• The player does not appear in list of Alexa enabled devices in the Alexa app
  • The new player shows up, when trying to play music via the Alexa app but the attempt then results in the answer (Ich habe Schwierigkeiten die Musik abzuspielen) I am experiencing problems to play the music

I only have this problem with one of my speakers. 

I tried already to delete all the Alexa voice services in the Sonos app. Then deleted the Alexa skill and deleted all the Sonos devices in the Alexa app. Then remove the problematic player from Sonos and set everything up again. This worked as expected for all devices except the one making the problems. It looks like there is some setting for this specific unique ID of the player in Alexa that remains and makes the setup fail.

Does anybody know what else to try?

Or who to contact at Amazon to fully delete the player data from my account. This probably will give me a chance to connect the player.

Thank you

Ingo

1 reply

Ok figured it out myself and so I write the soution here since this might help somebody else with the same problem in the future.

You can completely delete the data of an Alexa enables device from your Alexa Account by going to the Amazon website and login with your account there. Then you go to 

My Account → Devices → Other Devices

and you will find the problematic device there. Click on it and then click delete

This will delete all data of the device from your account.

Then go to the Sonos App and remove the Voice Service from the Sonos device and add it again. After this all will be connected normally.

Hope this helps somebody else. 

Ingo