Answered

No response from Alexa compatible speakers.

• 22 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi guys, I am sure you are aware of the problem regarding the issue with Alexa compatible Sonos Speakers not responding to commands via the Alexa Sonos Skill App.
I have 2 Beams and a One. All three speakers were working perfectly with Alexa until approximately one week ago, and now they aren't. There is absolutely no response from any of the speakers or Alexa once a command has been given. I have been through the processes suggested on line and wasted a significant amount of my own time trying to rectify what appears to be a problem with Sonos or the Alexa Skill App, however the problen still remains. I spent a lot of money on these speakers as one of the main requirements I wanted was connectivity with the speakers and Alexa thus enabling me to control my other smart devices such as lights,  plugs etc. This has been going on now for around a week. Can you provide information to the Sonos community as to what is being done to rectify this problem.
Regards
Tom

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 March 2024, 12:11

View original

5 replies

I’m just another user Tom, like yourself. Are you having this issue with a Sonos S1 system, or S2? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Only everything is working here on my own Sonos speakers with Alexa, but that said I’m using an S2 system.

Perhaps if you explain your troubleshooting steps and explain if you’ve reauthorised your skill/sharing token etc. then either myself, or other users here, might be able to assist you to get things back up and running. 

There was an issue with Alexa on S1 in recent days, but as I understand it, that’s been fixed too by Sonos and I’m not currently aware of any outstanding issues. In fact the Sonos services status page now show that everything is working fine and is fully operational, so it might be something local in your case, or perhaps something done during the recent troubleshooting, that’s causing you the Alexa problem. See the Sonos services status page here:

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

I have the same issue my Beam no longer responds to Alexa - the Alexa App shows the Beam as offline - was working a few days ago - not sure exactly when. I am using S1 app. 

I was going to remove the Alexa service from the Sonos app but doesn’t seem to be an option to do that - that I can see

thanks

Mike 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tom's Bar and @Michael_223 

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test. If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Corry P - done that all working now 

Gentlemen, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to acknowledge and reply to my post, it is very appreciated. 

Today was they day that  I had planned to go in to battle with the Alexa issue ..."However"…

I woke up around 4AM this morning to find a light flashing in my bedroom. On closer inspection I found it was coming from the little light on a gen 1 play 5 that I have. I did wonder if that was an indication of a Sonos update.  I got up this morning and tested  my voice controlled speakers with an Alexa voice command and they all responded accordingly. Problem solved, fingers crossed. Thanks again gents.

Best Regards

Tom